VLT® Automation AC Drive FC 301 / FC 302
Flexible, modular design for versatile control
The VLT® AutomationDrive is designed for variable speed control of all asynchronous motors and permanent magnet motors. It comes in a standard version (FC 301) and an advanced high dynamic version (FC 302) with additional functionalities. It helps save energy, increase flexibility, reduce costs related to spare parts and servicing, and optimize process control on any industrial machine or production line.
The VLT AutomationDrive is built on a flexible, modular design concept to provide versatile control. Its robust construction ensures maximum uptime. It comes equipped with a wide range of standard industry features which can be expanded with ‘plug-and-play’ options. The user-friendly graphical control panel ensures the drive is easy to set up and operate saving commissioning and operating costs.
Enclosures are available up to IP 66 (depending on the model). Integrated DC chokes and RFI filters in all models protect installations by minimizing harmonic distortion and electromagnetic interference.
The VLT AutomationDrive can also be used with applications that need to perform high-precision positioning and synchronization operations. The Integrated Motion Controller (IMC) functionality is now configurable in the drive’s software. No additional modules or hardware are necessary.
All drives are fully tested already at the factory. They require very little maintenance and provide a fast return on investment.
The performance of the VLT® AutomationDrive FC 302 is enhanced without complexity thanks to the Integrated Motion Controller (IMC). Providing servo drive functionality, high-precision scaled positioning and synchronizing tasks are simple to perform, commissioning is fast and safe, and programming is easy (no special programming language is required). IMC is configurable in the drive’s software. No additional modules or hardware are necessary. Watch the video to find out more:
High-precision scaled positioning and synchronization tasks using IMC
Supply voltages and power range
3 x 200-240 V…0.25-37 kW
3 x 380-500 V…0.37 kW – 1.1 MW
3 x 525-600 V…0.75-75 kW
3 x 525-690 V…1.1 kW – 1.4 MW
Low harmonic drive
3 x 525-690 V…250 kW – 1.4 MW
Features and benefits
- There’s less need for cooling or oversizing as the ambient temperature is 50°C without derating
- The need for PLC capacity is reduced thanks to Smart Logic Control
- Low lifetime costs are ensured as the drive is highly resistant to wear and tear
- The lifetime of electronics is prolonged due to back-channel cooling for enclosures D, E
- Commissioning and upgrades are easy due to plug-in technology
- High-precision position and synchronization thanks to availability of Integrated Motion Controller throughout the entire product range
- Features such as intelligent heat management, Safe stop and Safe Torque Off ensure safe and energy-efficient operation of the drive
- High-precision positioning and synchronization tasks are made simple thanks to availability of Integrated Motion Controller throughout the entire product range
VLT® Motion Control Tool MCT 31
Danfoss HCS (Harmonic Calculation Software)
Danfoss Servo Sizer
VLT® Energy Box
All VLT® low voltage drives
- VLT® Micro Drive FC 51
- VLT® AQUA Drive FC 202
- VLT® HVAC Drive FC 102
- VLT® Midi Drive FC 280
- VLT® Lift Drive LD 302
- VLT® Refrigeration Drive FC 103
- VLT® Automation- Drive FC 301 / FC 302
- VLT® Advanced Active Filter AAF 006