S800 IO Overview
S800 I/O provides distributed I/O on PROFIBUS and Advant Fieldbus 100 (AF100). S800 I/O is also used as a communication link to some of ABB’s Drives.
With the network definition PROFIBUS, it means the both versions;
PROFIBUS-DP and PROFIBUS-DPV1.
An I/O station can be configured over the Fieldbus. Typical parameters are signal
range, filter time, etc.
The status of the modules are indicated by LEDs and also accessible over the fieldbus. Analog values are scaled 0-100% of the signal range. AI/AO modules are scanned every 4th I/O scan cycle. RTD/TC every 10th cycle.
Values are transferred cyclically on the fieldbus limited by the fieldbus and the fieldbus master. The Fieldbus Communication Interface is scanning the I/O modules cyclically. The cycle time, 4-108 ms, is dependent on type and number of modules.
S800 IO Modules Benefits
Some of the benefits of the S800 I/O system are:
• Flexibility, permitting a virtually infinity number of installation arrangements for any application:
– small to large
– easy mounting on a DIN rail
• Modularity, permitting step-by-step expansion
• Cost-effectiveness, making you save on hardware, cabling, installation and maintenance
• Reliability and auto-diagnostics
• Saves panel costs
• Reduces downtime
• Easy to configure
• Redundancy can be introduced on all levels
The S800 I/O is a distributed, highly modularized and flexible I/O-system with eco-efficient design, providing easy installation of the I/O modules, process cabling and connection to drives systems. The S800 I/O modules and termination units can be mounted and combined in many different configurations to fit your space requirements and suit many types of applications.
WE FOCUS ON INDUSTRIAL AUTOMATION AND PROFESSIONAL FOCUS ON ACHIEVEMENT!
The major features of the S800 I/O system are:
• Communicates over PROFIBUS-DP/DPV1 or Advant Fieldbus 100.
• Quick faultfinding with help of LEDs of each module and channel.
• An extensive scope of Digital input/output modules and Analog input/output modules.
• Digital input/output modules and Analog input/output modules with Intrinsic Safety interfaces.
• Mounted on standard DIN rails type NS 35/75 according to EN 50022.
• Support of dual redundancy in power supply, fieldbus connection and I/O channel.
• Support of fieldbus media supervision, bumpless change-over and failure reporting.
• All outputs can be individually set to freeze or to take on predefined values.
• Easy connection to drives systems, minimizing communication delays and cost.
• All modules have plastic injection molded enclosures which provide safety protection degree IP20 according to IEC 529.
The plastic used is halogen free.
• I/O modules are protected from destruction by a mechanical keying arrangement if an attempt is made to insert a module type in a position with a different key code than the factory set code of the I/O module. Terminal units have keys which are set to key code of its I/O module’s key code. (S800L I/O modules do not use Termination Units).
• An electrical ID is checked at start-up, if this does not match the configured type, the I/O module is not taken into operation.
• Hot-swap of S800 I/O modules (except S800L modules) allowing replacement of faulty modules without disconnecting field power or system power to the I/O-station.
• HART pass-through communication.
• I/O modules allow for 55oC ambient temperature except for vertical mounted Compact MTU with I/O modules allow for 40o C ambient temperature.
• Support of connection to external Intrinsic Safety Barriers.
• High integrity I/O modules, IEC 61508 SIL3 certified.
• Hot Configuration In Run via Profibus.
• Coated modules, also compliant to ISA-S71.04 level G3 compliant modules.
• Galvanic isolation between process and system. Channel vise galvanic isolation is also available.
• SOE support by time stamped events with resolution down to 0.4 ms. Available for 24/48/125 V d.c. digital inputs.
• Long distance distribution in star configuration.