The Field Control Processor FCP280 is a distributed, optionally fault-tolerant, field-mounted controller that performs process control and alarming functions according to a user-defined control strategy.
- Performs regulatory, logic, timing, and sequential control together with connected Fieldbus Modules (FBMs)
- Performs data acquisition and alarm detection and notification
- Supports up to 128 Compact or standard 200 Series FBMs, or up to 128 of a combination of 100 Series FBMs and 200 Series FBMs (with no more than 64 100 Series FBMs in this configuration) No Fieldbus Communication Module is required.
- No Fieldbus Expansion Module is required for Expanded fieldbus support.
- Supports self-hosting mode, which allows the FCP280 to boot itself with a valid control database even without its host workstation
- Offers unique, patented, fault-tolerant operation using two control modules to greatly improve reliability relative to other process controllers
- Offers on-line image upgrade (OLUG) of a faulttolerant FCP280 without shutting down the process
- Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) displays letterbug and real-time roles and statuses
- Connects to The Mesh control network via standard fiber optic or copper 100 Mbps Ethernet cables