The CPU 410-5H is a controller specially designed for process automation which is versatile in use. With robust, high performance hardware, it covers the entire performance spectrum of the AS 412 to AS 417 complementary systems.
You will find information on the following topics in the document:
- General information on the CPUs of the AS410
- Advantages of the CPU 410-H
- Configuring the communications interface and establishing the connection between the ES and the AS
- Type Change in RUN (TCiR) function and Configuration in Run (CiR/H-CiR)
- Configuration of the PN/Ethernet interfaces
- Upgrade with CPU 410 Expansion Packs (Process objects and PN Red License)
CPU 410-5H Process Automation
The CPU 410‑5H Process Automation is at the heart of the standard automation systems as well as the high-availability and safety-related AS 410 automation systems. With expansion cards for 100 PO, 500 PO, 1 000 PO, 1 600 PO and ≥ 2 000 PO (PO 2k+), you can define your performance for your specific application with up to around 2 600 PO.
If the performance limit defined by the system expansion card is reached during configuration, commissioning or operation, a subsequent increase in performance is possible without replacing the hardware by using an appropriate number of CPU 410 Expansion Packs 100 POs/500 POs.
As shown in the figure, CPU 410-5H Process Automation is equipped with two PROFINET IO interfaces (2-port switch in each case) for up to 250 I/O devices and a PROFIBUS DP interface for up to 96 PROFIBUS DP slaves. Two integrated slots allow the synchronization of two redundant subsystems via sync modules and sync cables (FOC).
CPU 410‑5H Process Automation supports NTP as well as S7 time synchronization.
Other features include:
- Integrated 48 MB load memory and 32 MB RAM each for program and data
- Cycle time up to 10 ms/9 process tasks
- Total number of I/Os (on PROFIBUS DP and PROFINET IO) approx. 7 500, 16 KB each for inputs and outputs
- Additional protection of the circuit board with coating (conformal coating)
- Expanded temperature range during operation up to 70 °C (as of product version 2)
- High-precision time stamping
- Recessed RESET button
- Preset hardware parameters (PCS 7 skinning)
- Changes in the type of module during operation (TCiR) in association with the SIMATIC PCS 7 Engineering System V8.1 and higher
I/O connection via PROFINET IO
You can easily and efficiently connect AS 410 automation systems to remote I/O stations via the PROFINET IO interfaces integrated in the CPU 410‑5H Process Automation, for example, to remote ET 200M or ET 200SP HA I/O stations (see also section “Communication”, “PROFINET”). PROFINET IO interfaces made available by additive communication modules of type CP 443‑1 cannot be used.