SINAMICS DC MASTER DC Packages Overview
SINAMICS DC MASTER DC Packages are available to provide support when engineering and when selecting accessory components.
SINAMICS DC MASTER DC Packages contain the following components:
- SINAMICS DC MASTER DC Converter
- Supply switch (including covers and operating mechanism)
- Main contactor (including varistor) or circuit breaker for higher power ratings
- Field contactor (including varistor)
- Commutation reactors (armature, field)
- Fuses (armature, field, DC circuit for 4Q, including holder)
The accessory components included in the DC Package were selected under the following criteria:
- Harmonized and coordinated with one another
- Dimensioned for the rated converter current
- Designed for 50 Hz operation
- Selected based on the parts lists of the SINAMICS DC MASTER Cabinet
The article number of the DC Packages only differs from that of the DC Converter in the third block:
DC Converter: 6RA80nn-naann-0AA0
DC Package: 6RA80nn-naann-0AP0
All options that can be selected when configuring the DC Converter are also available for DC Packages; with just a few exceptions, they only affect the DC Converters that are included. As a consequence, with options Q80 to Q85 the warranty period is extended only for the DC Converter.
The following options also affect the accessory components in the DC Package:
- Option L10 (without field power section):
When selecting option L10, accessory parts – field contactor (including varistor), commutation reactor for the field and fuses for the field (including holder) – are not included in the DC Package.
- Option L85 (85 A field power section):
When selecting option L85, the accessory components relevant for the field are dimensioned for 85 A.
The DC packages have not been conceived for use for parallel connections.
- DC Packages facilitate simple ordering; all of the accessory components, which are harmonized and coordinated with one another, are supplied as package.
- The device options listed in section “DC Converter and Control Module” are also available for DC Packages.
- The effects of certain device options (e.g. option L85) on accessory components are already taken into account in the factory.
- The components of DC Packages are optimally adapted to the SINAMICS DC MASTER DC Converter series.
- The various components (packages) have been taken from the range of accessories for SINAMICS DC MASTER Cabinet and are therefore tested and proven.
- All of the components have an IP00 degree of protection for installation in a control cabinet.
DC Packages extend the portfolio of the SINAMICS DC MASTER converter series, and can be used for all of the usually encountered applications.
It is guaranteed that the DC Packages can be reliably used due to the fact that the components are also used in the tested and well-proven SINAMICS DC MASTER Cabinet units.
The customer has the overall system responsibility when using DC Packages regarding the geometrical arrangement and cooling to be selected. Siemens does not accept any responsibility in this regard.
Only Siemens components are used for the DC Packages. These are packed on pallets and delivered in one shipment.