24/7 Customer Support
Online Store always open
The modules are used centrally with SIMATIC S7-31xF-2 DP and in the ET 200M distributed I/O device together with SIMATIC IM 151-7 F-CPU, S7-31xF-2 DP, S7-416F-2 and S7-400F/FH.
0 to 20 mA and 4 to 20 mA current transmitters (also HART) can be connected as encoders.
The analog input module converts analog signals from the process to digital signals for internal processing by the fail-safe SIMATIC S7 CPUs.
The safety functions required for fail-safe operation are integrated in the module.
The following functions are available:
SM 336, F.AI 6 X 0/4 … 20MA HART
Rated value (DC)
Reverse polarity protection
From power supply L+, typ.
from backplane bus 5 V DC, max.
Power loss, typ.
Number of analog inputs
permissible input current for current input (destruction limit), max.
Input ranges (rated values), currents
● 0 to 20 mA
● Input resistance (0 to 20 mA)
150 Ω; typ. 150 ohms max. 175 ohms
● 4 mA to 20 mA
● Input resistance (4 mA to 20 mA)
● shielded, max.
1 000 m
Analog value generation for the inputs
Integration and conversion time/resolution per channel
● Resolution with overrange (bit including sign), max.
16 bit; 15 bit + sign
● Integration time (ms)
20 ms @ 50 Hz, 16.7 ms @ 60 Hz
● Interference voltage suppression for interference frequency f1 in Hz
f=n x (f1 ±0.5 %)
Connection of signal encoders
● for current measurement as 2-wire transducer
● for current measurement as 4-wire transducer
Operational error limit in overall temperature range
● Current, relative to input range, (+/-)
0.2 %; 40 µA
Basic error limit (operational limit at 25 °C)
● Diagnostic alarm
● Diagnostic information readable
Diagnostics indication LED
● Fail-safe operation
● Group error SF (red)
● Encoder supply Vs (green)
Potential separation analog inputs
● between the channels
● between the channels and backplane bus
● between the channels and the power supply of the electronics
Isolation tested with
370V for 1 min
Standards, approvals, certificates
Highest safety class achievable in safety mode
● acc. to EN 954
● SIL acc. to IEC 61508
required front connector
*AoteWell Automation is not owner of the brands/manufacturers featured on this website. Brand names and trademarks featured are the property of their respective owners.