WinCC is a modular system. WinCC is used to visualize the process and configure a graphic user interface. You will use the user interface to operate and observe the process. WinCC offers the following possibilities:
● WinCC allows you to observe the process. The process is displayed graphically on the screen. The display is updated each time a status in the process changes.
● WinCC allows you to operate the process. For example, you can indicate a setpoint from the user interface or you can open a valve.
● WinCC allows you to monitor the process. An alarm will automatically signal in the event of a critical process status. If, for example, a predefined value is exceeded, a message will appear on the screen.
● WinCC allows you to archive the process. When working with WinCC, process values can either be printed or electronically archived. This facilitates the documentation of the process and allows subsequent access to past production data.
Components of WinCC
Its basic components are the Configuration Software (CS) and Runtime Software (RT)
● WinCC Explorer forms the core of the Configuration software. The entire project structure is displayed in WinCC Explorer. The project is also administered here.
You can retrieve different editors from the WinCC Explorer. Each editor belongs to a certain partial system of WinCC.
The most important partial systems of WinCC are:
|Graphics System||Graphics Designer||Configuring Screens|
|Signaling system||Alarm Logging||Configuring messages|
|Archiving system||Tag Logging||Archiving data|
|Report system||Report Designer||Create layouts|
|User Administration||User Administrator||Administering users and user rights|
|Communication||Tag management||Configure communication|