• Like operator panels, Multi Panels (MP) are used for local machine operation and monitoring • Their functionality can be expanded by installing additional Windows CE applications (Multi Panel and Panel options) • SIMATIC MP 377 devices on the basis of Windows CE combine the rugged construction of Operator Panels with the flexibility of PCs • PLC functionality can be integrated directly into the MP 377 platform with Option • Pixel-graphics 12.1″ or 15″ or 19″ TFT display, color (64k colors) • MP 377 12″ Touch, MP 377 15″ Touch and MP 377 19″ Touch: Touch screen (analog/resistive) • MP 377 12″ Key: 38 system keys, 36 user-configurable and freely inscribable function keys (36 with LEDs) • SIMATIC MP 377 PRO 15″ Touch: with a rugged and very compact aluminum enclosure, fully enclosed with IP65 protection and therefore suitable for harsh ambient conditions. All interfaces, e.g. MPI, PROFIBUS DP, USB, PROFINET (Ethernet TCP/IP), are onboard • SIMATIC MP 377 INOX 15″ Touch (stainless steel front): The MP 377 15″ Touch is also available with a stainless steel front (EN 1672-2) and as Fully Enclosed HMI (IP65). These versions expand the application area of the Multi Panel 377 for special applications, ambient conditions, and special sectors (e.g. food, beverages and tobacco industries).
SIMATIC MP 377 Benefits
• Integral component of Totally Integrated Automation (TIA): Increase of productivity, minimization of engineering overhead, reduction of lifecycle costs • Modular expansion capability with options such as: – Software PLC SIMATIC WinAC MP – WinCC [email protected] for communication between different SIMATIC HMI systems – WinCC [email protected] for remote maintenance and servicing of machines/plants via the Internet/Intranet – WinCC OPC server for communication with applications from different manufacturers – MS Pocket Internet Explorer 6.0 (already included in the scope of delivery) – MS Multimedia Player (already included in the scope of delivery) – MS Viewer for Word, Excel and PDF files (already included in scope of delivery) • Reduction of service and commissioning costs due to: – Backup/restore via Ethernet (TCP/IP), USB, MPI, PROFIBUS DP or optionally via CF/SD/Multimedia Card – Remote download/upload for configuration and firmware – Specific drivers can be reloaded – Long service life of backlit display • Graphic library with preconfigured screen objects • Can be used worldwide: – 32 languages can be configured (incl. Asian and Cyrillic character sets) – Up to 16 languages can be switched online • Standard hardware and software interfaces for increasing flexibility: – CF Card slot and SD/Multimedia Card slot for language expansions, backup/restore – Ethernet (TCP/IP) for central data and project management and control link possible to SIMATIC S7 – Standard Windows storage formats (CSV) for archives and recipes permit further processing with standard tools (e. g. Microsoft Excel)
The Multi Panels SIMATIC MP 377 can be used wherever machines and systems are operated and monitored locally – whether in production, process or building automation. These are used in the most diverse industries and applications and can be expanded in their applications with the Multi Panel options, e.g. by displaying HTML documents via the MS Pocket Internet Explorer, or by integrating the control functionality with WinAC MP 377. Windows CE meets the basic prerequisites for application in rough industrial environments. The diskless and fanless design permits their use even where dust or vibration limits the operation of a PC. Short power-up times mean the Multi Panels are sooner ready to use.
SIMATIC MP 377 Design
• Compact design with low mounting depth • The front is resistant to various oils, greases and standard detergents • Degree of protection IP65/NEMA 4x/NEMA 12 (front) or IP20 (rear) • Plug-in terminals for 24 V DC power supply • Interfaces: – RS 485/RS 422 interface for process connections (MPI, PROFIBUS DP up to 12 Mbit/s) – USB for mouse, keyboard, printer, barcode reader, and downloading/uploading the configuration – Ethernet (TCP/IP) for exchanging data with a higher-level PC, connection of a network printer and downloading/uploading the configuration; a control link to SIMATIC S7 is possible • Slot for CompactFlash card (CF card) • Slot for SD/multimedia card • Retentive memory for WinAC MP 377 data (data, timers, counters and bit memories)
More detailed information on this topic can be found under “System interfaces with WinCC flexible” or “System interfaces with WinCC (TIA Portal)”.
The configuration is implemented using the SIMATIC WinCC flexible or WinCC engineering software (TIA Portal). More detailed information on this topic can be found under “HMI Software”. Applications/Options More detailed information on this topic can be found under “HMI Software”.
• Display and changing of process parameters • Function keys (for MP 377 12″ Keys) for direct triggering of functions and actions. Up to 16 functions can be configured simultaneously on function keys. The function keys can be used directly as PROFIBUS DP input I/O. • Process display: – Vector graphic (various line and plane objects) – Dynamic positioning and dynamic showing/hiding of objects – Fully-graphical displays, plots, and bar graph display – Display of up to 8 trends per trend field; trend curve graphic with scroll and zoom functions for accessing the history and flexible selection of the representation period; read ruler for determining current values and display in a table – Extensive symbol libraries (SIMATIC HMI symbol library) – Screen objects: Slider, gauge, clock – Cyclic function processing by alarm clock • Multiplex function for variables • Signaling system – Discrete alarms and analog messages (limit value messages) as well as the Alarm S message frame procedure for SIMATIC S7 and SIMOTION – Freely-definable message classes (e. g. status/fault messages) for definition of acknowledgment response and display of message events – Status and fault messages with message history – Pre-configured message image, message window and message line • Archiving of messages and process values (on CF/SD/MultiMedia card/USB, etc., or network drives over Ethernet) – Various archive types: Circulating and sequence archive – Storage of archive data in standard Windows format (CSV) – Online evaluation of process value archives using trend curves – External evaluation using standard tools (MS Excel, MS Access) is possible • Alarm log and shift log • Print functions (see “Recommended printers”) • Language switching 16 online languages, 32 configuration languages incl. Asiatic and Cyrillic character sets • Recipe management – With additional data storage (on CF/SD/Multimedia Card/USB flash drive, etc.) – Online/offline processing on the panel – Storage of recipe data in standard Windows format (CSV) – External processing using standard tools (Microsoft Excel and Access) is possible
• Programming device functionality STATUS/ FORCE-VAR in conjunction with SIMATIC S5 and SIMATIC S7 • Display selection from the PLC supports operator prompting from the PLC • Presentation of HTML documents with MS Pocket Internet Explorer • Visual Basic Script, flexibility thanks to the implementation of new functions including linking to variables (comparison operations, loops, etc.) • Help texts for process pictures, alarms, and tags • Arithmetic functions • Limit value monitoring for reliable process control of inputs and outputs • Permanent window; – Fixed area of screen for outputting non-screen-specific information (e.g. important process values, date and time) – Permanent window expanded by template concept for creating screen templates • Simple maintenance and configuration thanks to: – Backup and restoring of configuration, operating system, data records, and firmware on an optional memory card (CF/SD/Multimedia Card) or via the Ethernet – Backup and restoration of the configuration, operating system, data records and firmware on a PC – Download/upload of configuration via Ethernet/USB/MPI/PROFIBUS DP/modem and CF or SD/Multimedia Card – Automatic transfer detection – Configuration simulation directly on the configuration computer • Import/export of all texts incl. messages in CSV format for translation using standard text processing programs • Centrally modifiable project-specific faceplates • User administration (security) – User-oriented access protection according to requirements of specific sectors – Authentication with user ID and password – User-group-specific rights • Visual Basic Runtime object model • Service functions (optionally with “WinCC [email protected]”) – Email generation – Remote control of the SIMATIC HMI system based on Internet Explorer – Web server with status HTML pages and control functions • Client/server functions (optionally with “WinCC [email protected]”) – Remote operation and monitoring from other SIMATIC HMI systems – Plant-wide requests for information and archiving of process data
SIMATIC MP377 Multi Panels Technical specifications/Ordering data :