SIMATIC S7-1200 features a modular design and has a scalable functionality.
As an interface to the machine or plant, a wide variety of signal modules for input and output as well as technology modules for special technological functions, such as counting, and communications modules are available both centrally or decentrally. The SIMATIC S7-1200 is approved for protection class IP20 and is intended for installation in a control cabinet.
The central processing units (CPU) are the heart of the SIMATIC S7-1200. They execute the user program and network the controller with other automation components.
Signal modules form the interface between the controller and the process.
Communication modules increase the communication capabilities of the SIMATIC S7-1200 through additional functions and interfaces.
Technology modules expand the SIMATIC S7-1200 by adding special functions such as measuring energy data, condition monitoring, and the connection of weighing modules or IO link devices.
Everything you need for an easy start: Use the SIMATIC S7-1200 Starter Kits.
• The new modular miniature controller from the SIMATIC S7 family
• Consisting of:
– controller with integrated PROFINET interface for communication with programming device, HMI or other SIMATIC controllers
– powerful, integrated technology functions such as counting, measuring, closed-loop control, and motion control
– integrated digital and analog inputs/outputs
– signal boards for direct use in a controller
– signal modules for expansion of controllers by input/output channels
– communication modules for expansion of controllers by communications interfaces
– accessories, e.g. power supply, switch module or SIMATIC Memory Card
• The miniature controller that offers maximum automation at minimum cost
The SIMATIC S7-1200 is the controller for open-loop and closedloop control tasks in mechanical equipment manufacture and plant construction. It combines maximum automation and minimum cost.
Due to the compact modular design with a high performance at the same time, the SIMATIC S7-1200 is suitable for a wide variety of automation applications. Its range of use extends from the replacement of relays and contactors up to complex automation tasks in networks and within distributed structures.
The SIMATIC S7-1200 family consists of the following modules:
• 3 compact controllers with graded performances in different versions as wide-range AC or DC controllers
• 2 signal boards (analog and digital) for low-cost modular controller expansion directly on the CPU, with retention of the
• 13 different digital and analog signal modules
• 2 communication modules (RS232/RS485) for communication via point-to-point connection
• Ethernet switch with 4 ports for implementation of many different network topologies
The S7-1200 is characterized by:
• Extremely simple starter solution:
Special starter packages and introductions facilitate familiarization.
• Uncomplicated operation:
Powerful standard commands which are simple to use, together with the user-friendly programming software, reduce
the programming overhead to a minimum.
• Exceptional real-time characteristics:
Special interrupt functions, fast counters, and pulse outputs permit use even with time-critical processes.
SIEMENS SIMATIC S7-1200
Even without the STEP 7 Basic software and without knowing the IP address you can delete the IP address and reset your S7-1200 up to and including firmware V2.1.2 to the factory settings using the SIMATIC MC memory card.