Power section and cooling
Converters for single-quadrant or four quadrant operation are available to suit individual applications. As the converters feature an integrated parameterization panel, they are autonomous and do not require any additional parameterization equipment. All open-loop and closed-loop control tasks as well as monitoring and auxiliary functions are performed by a microprocessor system. Setpoints and actual values can be applied in either analog or digital form.
SIMOREG 6RA70 converters are characterized by their compact, space-saving design. An electronics box containing the closed-loop control board is mounted in the converter door. This box also has space to hold additional boards for process-related expansion functions and serial interfaces. This design makes them especially easy to service since individual components are easily accessible.
External signals (binary inputs/output), analog inputs/outputs, pulse encoders, etc.) are connected by way of plug-in terminals. The converter software is stored in a flash EPROM. Software upgrades can easily be loaded via the serial interface of the basic unit.
Power section: Armature and field circuit
The armature circuit is a three-phase bridge connection:
As a fully controlled B6C three-phase connection in converters for single-quadrant drives
As two fully controlled (B6) A (B6) C three-phase connections in converters for four-quadrant drives.
The field circuit is a half-controlled B2HZ single-phase bridge connection.
For converters with 15 to 1200 A
rated DC current, the power section for armature and field is constructed with isolated thyristor modules. The heat sink is therefore at floating potential.
For converters with rated currents ≥ 1500 A, the power section for armature and field is constructed with disc-type thyristors and heat sinks at voltage potential. All connecting terminals for the power section are accessible from the front.
Converters with rated DC currents up to 125 A are self-cooled, while converters with rated DC currents of 210 A and higher have forced-air cooling (fan assembly).
PMU simple operator panel
All units feature a PMU panel mounted in the converter door. The PMU consists of a five-digit, seven-segment display, three LEDs as status indicators and three parameterization keys.
The PMU is also equipped with connector X300 with a USS interface in compliance with the RS232 or RS485 standard.
The panel provides all the facilities required during start-up for making adjustments or settings and displaying measured values. The following functions are assigned to the three panel keys:
- P (select) key
- Switches over between parameter number and parameter value and vice versa, ack-nowledges fault messages.
- UP key
- Selects a higher parameter number in parameter mode or raises the set and displayed parameter value in value mode. Also selects a higher index on indexed parameters.
- DOWN key
- Selects a lower parameter number in parameter mode or reduces the set and displayed parameter value in value mode. Also selects a lower index on indexed parameters.
- LED functions
- Ready: Ready to operate, lights up in the “Wait for operation enable” state.
- Run: In operation, lights up when operation is enabled.
- Fault: Disturbance, lights up in “Active fault” status, flashes when alarm is active.
The quantities output on the five-digit, seven-segment display are easy to understand, e.g..
- Percentage of rated value
- Servo gain factor
- Amperes or
OP1S converter operator panel
The OP1S optional converter operator panel can be mounted either in the converter door or externally, e.g. in the cubicle door. For this purpose, it can be connected up by means of a
5 m long cable. Cables of up to 200 m in length can be used if a separate 5 V supply is available. The OP1S is connected to the SIMOREG via connector X300.
The OP1S can be installed as an economic alternative to control cubicle measuring instruments which display physical measured quantities.
The OP1S features an LCD with 4 x 16 characters for displaying parameter names in plain text. English, German, French, Spanish and Italian can be selected as the display languages. The OP1S can store parameter sets for easy downloading to other devices.
- Keys on OP1S:
- Select key (P)
- UP key 1)
- DOWN key
- Reversing key 1)
- ON key 1)
- OFF key 1)
- Inching key (Jog) 1)
- Numeric keys (0 to 9)
- LEDs on OP1S:
- Green: Lights up in “Run”, flashes in “Ready”
- Red: Lights up with “Fault”, flashes with “Alarm”
- RESET key 1)
Parameterization via PC
To allow start-up and troubleshooting using a PC, the DriveMonitor software is supplied with the converters.
The PC is linked to the SIMOREG via the USS interface on the basic unit.
The software provides the following functions:
- Menu-assisted access to parameters.
- Reading and writing of parameter sets.
- Copying of existing parameter sets to other converters of the same type.
- Output of parameter sets to a printer.
- Operation via control words (binary commands such as ON/OFF instructions, etc.) and specification of setpoints.
- Monitoring via status words (checkback information about converter status) and readout of actual values.
- Reading of fault messages and alarms.
- Readout of trace buffer contents (oscilloscope function)
1) This function must be activated with parameters and is freely selectable.