SIMATIC S7-1500 software controller Overview
- SIMATIC S7-1500 software controller for implementing control tasks with SIMATIC IPC
- High system availability thanks to innovative real-time system
- Available as standard and fail-safe version
- Improved know-how and copy protection
- Integrated motion control functionalities for controlling speed-controlled and positioning axes, support for external encoders, cams/cam tracks and probes
- Integrated web server for diagnostics with the option of creating user-defined web pages
- SIMATIC ODK 1500S for the development and integration of control functions with the high-level language C/C++
- SIMATIC Target 1500™ for the development of control functions using Matlab Simulink®
The S7-1500 Software Controller implements the function of a S7-1500 Controller as software on a SIMATC IPC with Windows. This enables a SIMATIC IPC to be used for controlling machines or plants.
The S7-1500 Software Controller is available not only as a standard CPU, but also as a fail-safe CPU. Thus, PC-based automation solutions can also be used for safety-oriented applications.
To connected the distributed I/O via PROFINET or PROFIBUS, the integrated Ethernet and PROFIBUS interfaces of the SIMATIC IPC can be used. In addition, the CPU offers comprehensive control functionalities via easy-to-configure blocks, as well as the connection of drives via standardized PLC-open blocks.
The software controller shows its particular strengths when special automation functions have to be integrated using the programming languages C or C++ or when a direct connection of Windows software to the software controller is required.
The SIMATIC ODK 1500S is available for this purpose to support the development of such applications. These applications can be used for the interface to Windows and Windows software (e.g. databases, visualization or the Windows file system) or for real-time applications (e.g. algorithms, controllers).
Some applications that are frequently developed with the ODK are available “ready to use” as Add On applications. Thus, for example, access to SQL databases or XML files can be used in the control task without having to program with C/C++.
Together with the SIMATIC Target 1500S™ for Simulink®, direct generation of the library functions from Simulink® is possible.