The Ethernet Interface Module, IC695ETM001, connects a PACSystems RX3i controller to
an Ethernet network. It enables the RX3i controller to communicate with other PACSystems
equipment and with Series 90 and VersaMax controllers. The Ethernet Interface provides
TCP/IP communications with other PLCs, host computers running the Host Communications
Toolkit or programmer software, and computers running the TCP/IP version of the
programming software. These communications use the GE Fanuc SRTP and Ethernet
Global Data (EGD) protocols over a four-layer TCP/IP (Internet) stack.
Features of the RX3i Ethernet Interface include:
▪ The Ethernet Interface implements the capabilities of a Class 1 and Class 2 device.
▪ Full PLC programming and configuration services. Firmware upgrades from the PLC
CPU using the WinLoader software utility. WInLoader is supplied with any updates to
the Ethernet Interface software.
▪ Periodic data exchange using Ethernet Global Data (EGD).
▪ EGD Commands to read and write PLC and EGD exchange memory over the network.
▪ TCP/IP communication services using SRTP.
▪ Built-in Station Manager for on-line supervisory access to the Ethernet Interface.
Dedicated Station Manager port.
▪ Two auto-sensing 10Base T / 100Base TX RJ-45 shielded twisted-pair Ethernet ports
for direct connection to either a 10BaseT or 100BaseTX IEEE 802.3 network without an
external transceiver. There is only one interface to the network (only one Ethernet MAC
address and only one IP address).
▪ Internal network switch with Auto negotiate, Sense, Speed, and crossover detection.
▪ Recessed Ethernet Restart pushbutton to manually restart the Ethernet firmware
without power cycling the system.
▪ LEDs: Ethernet OK, LAN OK, Log Empty, individual port activity and speed LEDs.
For more information about this module, please refer to the following publications:
▪ TCP/IP Ethernet Communications for PACSystems, GFK-2224
▪ PACSystems TCP’IP Communications, Station Manager Manual, GFK-2225
▪ PACSystems RX3i System Manual, GFK-2314