- Increased productivity and competitiveness thanks to maximum computing power
- Reduction in purchasing costs thanks to reduced component diversity and simpler stocking of spare parts
- Reduction in engineering costs thanks to the use of commonly used standard tools and the reuse of existing software
- Use of worldwide standards
Design and functions
SIMATIC TDC consists of one or more module racks where the required modules are inserted. The multi-processor operation enables the performance to be expanded almost without limit.
- Modular system structure with scalable hardware
- Sampling intervals as low as 100 µs for dynamic control tasks
- Maximum performance thanks to the 64-bit architecture of the central processing unit
- Synchronizable multi-processing with up to 20 CPUs per rack
- Extremely high communications performance between the CPUs as result of VME bus system
- Synchronous coupling of up to 44 racks
- Graphical configuration using the STEP 7 engineering tools: continuous function chart (CFC) and sequential function chart SFC (Sequential Function Chart)
- Own blocks in “C”
SIMATIC TDC is a modular multi-processor system comprised of one or more racks. The racks are equipped with CPUs, I/O modules and communication modules
The electromagnetically shielded 19″ rack UR5213 allows scalable expansion of hardware with large reserves of power. It is suitable for wall and cubicle mounting and has an integral power supply with active cooling and internal monitoring. The performance can be increased by plugging in up to 20 CPUs or by connecting up to 44 racks together
Central processing unit CPU551
The central processing unit CPU551 is suitable for open and closed-loop control tasks with very high computing requirements. The CPU ensures strictly cyclic processing with adjustable scanning intervals
I/O module SM500
The SM500 I/O module offers numerous options for connecting the digital and analog I/O. In addition, incremental position encoders and absolute encoders can be connected.
Communication modules CP50M1, CP51M1
The communications modules CP50M0 and CP51M1 provide high-performance communication for commissioning ,process control and HMI.They handle the protocols MPI , PROFIBUS DP,Fast Ethernet with TCP/IP and/or UDP.
Global Data Memory GDM
By means of a Global Data Memory (GDM), a number of racks with CP52x0 can communicate with one another for an almost unlimited expansion of the computing power. Up to 44 racks can be networked by means of fiber optic cables and a shared memory. Apart from the communication between several racks, the GDM also allows synchronization (scanning time, clock time) and alarm functions. The update time is set at < 1 ms.
More version on Siemens TDC
Siemens TDC Siemens TDC Simatic TDC CPU I/O Module, Memory card. Analog module, Digital Module Siemens TDC Siemens TDC Simatic TDC CPU I/O Module, Memory card. Analog module, Digital Module Siemens TDC