Area of application
- for the closed-loop control of drives (torque, rpm, position, angle / angular difference, speed), in particular if several drives are to be coordinated or complex relationships exist between drives
- for regulating several / different physical variables (e.g. tension, pressure)
SIMATIC TDC facilitates short compute cycles (100 µs), has functional reserves and offers outstanding flexibility.
Application examples for SIMATIC TDC include:
- Metal production, metal processing and metal machining:Wire-drawing plants, stretcher levelers, bending and straightening machines, presses, circular arc type plants, rolling mills, upsetting devices, shearing and winding machines
- High-voltage DC transmission stations for transmitting power over large distances, e.g. also marine cables
- Reactive power compensation systems for stabilizing the power transmission, e.g. capacitor units, capacitor banks