SIEMENS EXM 448-2 UNIVERSAL COMMUNICATION EXPANSION MODULE
SIEMENS EXM 448-2 Overview
- Optional plug-in expansion module for the FM 458-1 DP basic module
- For high-speed communication over up to 2 SIMOLINK interfaces
- For coupling several FM 458-1 DP application modules in synchronism with the sampling time
The optionally implementable communications expansion EXM 448-2 supports high-speed communication of the FM 458-1 DP-basic module with drives on the basis of the SIMOLINK protocol.
- 2 SIMOLINK interfaces (master and/or slave) for connecting drive units (MASTERDRIVES) quickly and synchronized; operation as SIMOLINK master, dispatcher or slave (transceiver).
- Vacant slot for a MASTERDRIVES option module, e.g., for:
- SBM2 for connection of a high-resolution multiturn encoder (sin/cos encoder)
- CBP2 for PROFIBUS DP slave.
|Product No. / Product Description||Listprice / Your price|
SIMATIC S7-400, EXM 448-2 communication expansion with 2 SIMOLINK Interfaces
Mode of operation
Coupling to FM 458-1 DP
The EXM 448-2 is connected directly to the FM 458-1 DP basic module via the internal bus. Only the power supply is provided via the backplane bus of the SIMATIC rack, there is no data transfer. Access to the I/O is via configurable function blocks.
Configuration instead of programming with CFC
The FM 458-1 DP is configured using the well-known software tools STEP 7 and CFC (Continuous Function Chart), which are also used to program the SIMATIC S7-400.
CFC is an intuitive Windows-based program that is easy to learn. The CFC has been expanded to include the function blocks and the optimized operating system using the D7-SYS add-on software package.
Data is exchanged with the connected drives via the SIMOLINK function blocks contained in the D7-SYS.