- Thanks to their high processing speed, the CPUs enable short machine cycle times.
- The S7-300’s range of CPUs provides the right solution for every application, and customers only pay for the performance actually required for a specific task
- The S7-300 can be set up in a modular configuration without the need for slot rules for I/O modules
- There is a wide range of modules available both for the centralized and the distributed configuration with ET 200M.
- Integral PROFINET interfaces enable simple networking of the controllers, and simple data exchange with the operations management level
- The narrow module width results in a compact controller design or a small control cabinet.
- The ability to integrate powerful CPUs with Industrial Ethernet/PROFINET interface, integrated technological functions, or fail-safe designs make additional investments unnecessary.
Six performance classes of the S7-300 CPUs
A graded CPU range with a wide performance range is available for configuring the controller.
The product range comprises 7 standard CPUs,
7 compact CPUs, 5 fail-safe CPUs and 3 technology CPUs.
The CPUs are available from a width of only 40 mm
SIMATIC S7-300 is within Totally Integrated Automation the most sold Controller.
Particularly in the finishing technique the S7-300 is used in the following industries:
- Automobile industry
- General mechanical engineering
- Building of special machines
- Series mechanical engineering, OEM
- Plastics processing
- Packaging industry
- Food and Beverage industry
- Process engineering
- Fast counting/fairs with direct access on the hardware counters
- Simply positioning with direct control the MICROMASTER frequency static frequency changers
- PID-Regulation with integrated functional module