• The power PLC for the mid to high-end performance ranges.
• The solution for even the most demanding tasks.
• With a comprehensive range of modules and performancegraded CPUs for optimal adaptation to the automation task.
• Flexible in use through simple implementation of distributed structures.
• User-friendly connections.
• Optimal communication and networking options.
• User-friendly handling and uncomplicated design without a fan.
• Can be expanded without problems when the tasks increase.
Simultaneous operation of several CPUs in one S7-400 central controller.
Multicomputing distributes the overall performance power of an S7-400. For example, complex tasks can be divided into technologies such as open-loop control, computing or
communication, and assigned to different CPUs. And every CPU can be assigned its own local I/O.
• Fault-tolerant automation system with redundant design.
• For applications with high fail-safety requirements.
Processes with high restart costs, expensive downtimes, little supervision, and few maintenance options.
• Redundant central functions.
• Increases availability of I/O: switched I/O configuration.
• Also possible to use I/Os with standard availability: singlesided configuration.
• Hot stand-by: automatic reaction-free switching to the standby unit in the event of a fault.
• Configuration with two separate or one divided central rack.
• Connection of switched I/O via redundant PROFIBUS DP or via system reduntant PROFINET IO.
• Failsafe automation system for plants with increased safety requirements
• Complies with safety requirements to SIL 3 in accordance with IEC 61508, AK6 in accordance with DIN V 19250 and Cat. 4 in accordance with EN 954-1
• If required, also fault tolerant through redundant design
• Without additional wiring of the safety-related I/O
• Safety-relevant communication via PROFIBUS DP with PROFIsafe profile
• Based on S7-400H and distributed IOs ET 200M with fail-safe modules
• Standard modules for non-safety-related applications can also be used in the automation system
• Isolation module for joint use of fail-safe and standard modules in safety mode in one ET 200M