SIMATIC CONTROL SYSTEMS FM 458-1 DP BASIC MODULE
- Basic module for computing, closed-loop control and open-loop control tasks
- PROFIBUS DP interface for connection of distributed I/O and drives
- Modular design with expansion modules for I/O and communication
|Product No.||Product Description|
SIMATIC S7-400, FM458-1 DP application group for SIMATIC S7-400
- 64-bit RISC processor for maximum computing performance
- 8 fast digital inputs for level-controlled or edge-controlled calling of up to 8 alarm tasks (interrupts)
- PROFIBUS DP interface for linking of distributed I/O and drive engineering
- 256 KB SRAM with battery backup for fail-safe saving of up to 1000 process variables or recorded traces
EXM 438-1, EXM 448 and EXM 448-2 expansion modules
Expansion modules are available for the FM 458-1 DP basic module for fast signal transmission.
EXM 438-1: I/O expansion
- Analog and digital inputs/outputs
- Incremental and absolute encoder connections
EXM 448: communications expansion
- PROFIBUS DP (master or slave) 1)
- One slot for MASTERDRIVES option modules, e.g. for the SIMOLINK module SLB
EXM 448-2: communications expansion
- 2 integral SIMOLINK connections
The expansion modules can only be used with the FM 458-1 DP, where max. two of these expansion modules can be freely combined.
Any number of these “FM 458-1 DP combinations” can be used in a SIMATIC S7-400 station taking into consideration the power consumptions.
The configuration process is greatly simplified when floating-point arithmetic is used to solve control and computing tasks:
- Normalization is not required.
- Virtually unlimited range of values.
- Very high resolution.
Configuration instead of programming with CFC
The FM 458-1 DP is configured using the well-known software tools STEP 7 and CFC (Continuous Function Chart) which are also used to program the SIMATIC S7-400.
CFC is an intuitive Windows-based program that is easy to learn. The CFC has been expanded to include the function blocks and the optimized operating system using the D7-SYS add-on software package.
CFC noticeably reduces configuration time when used to create automation programs:
- You can drag & drop function blocks from the block catalog; their inputs and outputs are then automatically connected. Subsequently, you only need to set the application-specific parameters to complete the configuration.
- Detailed documentation automatically created
- The interconnection of standard blocks is faster and less error-prone than programming
- Frequently used program components (plans) can be transferred to a block that is reusable and can be centrally modified.
- Hierarchical CFC plans increase transparency and improve the clarity of the program structure (plan-in-plan method or “top-down”).
- “CFC test mode” allows you to quickly execute a graphics-supported startup and trace signals on the screen while the system is running:
- Viewing and editing values.
- Entering, editing and deleting connections between function blocks.
- Inserting or deleting function blocks.
- With the user block generator, you can create individual function blocks in “C” for individual applications and also integrate them into the CFC.
FM458-1 DP APPLICATION MODULE
Rated value (DC)
permissible range (ripple included), lower limit (DC)
permissible range (ripple included), upper limit (DC)
Current consumption, typ.
Current consumption, max.
Time of day
Number of digital inputs
8; Connector X2
-1 to +6V
13.5 to 33V
3 mA; at 24 V
Input delay (for rated value of input voltage)
for standard inputs
Yes; With connection to interrupt tasks
Potential separation digital inputs
No; only via optional interface modules
1 000 g